The Hundred: A Novel of Young Luther and His World
As noted when I posted the Preface, I am putting provisional chapters of my novel out there as I work toward finishing this book. There are numerous problems I’ll need to overcome with these working drafts. Feedback on drafts of my non-fiction has been useful; I expect similar results from feedback on fiction drafts. Two writers’ groups are workshopping drafts. Through Scribd, the public will also have access to the work as it happens. I appreciate any and all feedback. It probably goes without saying, but please be polite.
- This chapter and Chapter 2 may be switched in order in the final manuscript.
- Working covers are only visual aids at this point, but feedback on those is welcome as well.
Purposes of a Public Approach to Drafting a Work of Fiction:
- To generate feedback on drafts.
- To allow those with an interest in the book to watch it unfold.
- To open Luther’s world for the curious.
- To motivate me to finish a project that has driven my academic research for a number of years.